Image features that correlate with likes on Instagram
1. LightnessImages with a high degree of lightness generate 24% more likes than dark images.
2. BackgroundImages with a large amount of background space get 29% more likes than those without.
3. Dominant colorImages with blue as the dominant color garner 24% more likes than those that are predominantly red.
4. Number of colorsImages with a single dominant color generate 17% more likes than those with multiple colors.
5. SaturationImages with low saturation get 18% more likes than images with more vibrant colors.
6. TextureImages with high levels of texture perform 79% better than those without.
7. SelfiesIf selfies are your thing, it’s good to know that those with duck faces get 1,112% more likes than traditional ones.